Re: Shared libs.

Wolfgang Lux <lux@heidelbg.ibm.com> wrote:
>Michael Hohmuth wrote:
>I recall, that the 68k version of GCC does not (yet?) support -pic (or
>is it -mpic?). BTW., I'm not quite happy if the compiler must have to be
>changed. There (still :-) seem to be people out there that do not use
>GCC (or am I wrong on that subject). Pure C won't work if it even does
>not support baserel addressing, but Lattice C supports it (at least
>that is what I read from the posts on this subject), so I would favor
>if we could get shared libraries working for both, GCC and Lattice.

Also, I think it would be an excellent idea if the parameter passing
to shared libraries was *exactly* the same as for GEMDOS. We know that
all compilers can produce code that calls GEMDOS :-) and it helps people
who write code with 16-bit integers.

We'd have to extend it a little for floating point stuff - do the compilers
all use the same format for floats and doubles, and how should we pass
chars?

>> I wonder if anybody actually reads up to this line. :)
>
>And I wonder, if anybody actually will read one line further :-)

No... ;-)

Chris