Re: Shared libs.

Chris Ridd wrote:
> Also, I think it would be an excellent idea if the parameter passing
> to shared libraries was *exactly* the same as for GEMDOS. We know that
> all compilers can produce code that calls GEMDOS :-) and it helps people
> who write code with 16-bit integers.

I'm not quite sure whether we should do that. Look into osbind.h or
mintbind.h to see the troubles GCC has to use these conventions if you
compile with 32-bit integers, as I do nearly always. (OK, you could
hide this if stub functions are used to call the actual functions).

And I suspect that the libraries compiled for 16-bit integers would
not work with 32-bit code, so we probably end up in having a shared
library which can be linked with 16-bit integers and another to be
linked with 32-bit integers. Or is anybody going to cleanup the
libraries so that we could use them for both? I'd be happy to reduce
the number of libs on my system just by a factor of two :-).

Wolfgang

----
Wolfgang Lux
WZH Heidelberg, IBM Germany             Internet: lux@heidelbg.ibm.com
+49-6221-59-4546                        VNET:     LUX at HEIDELBG
+49-6221-59-3200 (fax)	                EARN:     LUX at DHDIBMIP