Re: MiNT friendly window systems?

> > I have used X, but on a 4MB STfm it's quite unusable.
> Yes.  It's pretty amazing that it works though!  :-)

Hmm... I wonder whether it supports shared memory. MiNT supports it
and most other X server support it. Now that I think of it, XAnim that
I compiled for MiNT-X (while I still got my other harddisk) had a
compilation option for that. Using shared memory would have made
XAnim several times faster I think... Who would be interested in
recompiling XAnim (new one with the mpeg and sound support)? :)

> I don't think any recent version of MGR has been ported.

I just saw a new MGR faq on one of the Linux newsgroups, that's why
I asked :).

> > The only one originally done for MiNT is W. It's quite nice and
> > small, but not ready yet. It's fun to tinker with though :).
> > Tecshe (the author) may add a bit more if he likes?
> Does Tecshe have a web page?  FTP site?  I'm still waiting impatiently
> to get my hands on W!  :)

I just put up a page about W on my WWW pages. I'm still waiting
Tecshe's (and Kay's) answer to my mail about whether it would be
ok to put compiled binaries of W1R1->2 transition sources.

(Sorry Tesche and Kay to put pressure up, but I think W needs some
publicity! W-95 hype campaign is now going on (I hope that R2 doesn't
take as much time as WIN-95 took :)))).

> > Are there other ones?
> MultiTOS!  :-)  Also not too usable on a 4M ST, but mostly because of
> the speed.

Err, I should have added 'other _free_ ones'... Program has to have
sources available to count as 'real' software :).

	- Eero