Re: dial-out terminal emulator?

On Fri, 15 Dec 1995, Yves Pelletier wrote:

> Hello all,

Hi!

> I'm looking for a port of either xc or minicom for my MiNTos setup. I was
> going to try and port xc (not too likely!), but I was told that someone
> (Simon?) ported minicom to MiNT...  Is it working?  And is there a chance
> it could be posted somewhere I could download it from?

Yep, I've made a port of Minicom v1.71. It works, and seems to be a nice
program, but it crashes the whole system just too often. :-(

(I could mail it to you if you want to, but I don't feel for uploading it
to any ftp site, as it isn't stable...)

Maybe anyone has got any tip for what I can try when a ported programs just
crashes?
(System: Falcon030, FreeMiNT 1.12.5, MiNTos, gcc 2.5.8 (mfgcc258.zoo, "gcc
2.5.8 for Falcon and MiNT), Minixfs, vcons 0.7.) It's compiled with -mshort.

There's a program called pcomm also, maybe that would be easier to
compile. I'll try...

/simon