New Toswin bombs

The new vt100 Toswin on the list gives me address error when I try
to start a program from it. I got an STfm, so maybe the 68000
compilation has some 030 stuff in it (which GCC is used?). The
scroll bar in the font dialog size selection is also drawn wrong.

It would be nice if Toswin would use the xconout2 text / MiNT
debug message re-direction xdd that comes with the W window system.
It's readme is at the bottom.

	- Eero
----
XCONOUT2.XDD
============

 This piece of code implements a device /dev/xconout2 to MiNT. Once
installed it doesn't do anything at all, which is why it should be
quite save to install it even if you don't actually always use it.

 If you open /dev/xconout2 (which can only be done by one program)
a new routine will be installed as a xconout2 handler. After this
all data being written to the console, may it be any program writing
directly to /dev/console or any daemon which was started with stdout
pointing to /dev/console or even MiNT's internal debugging routines
is not printed but buffered instead.

 So if you write a program which opens and selects this device for
reading you'll be able to catch everything which might possibly destroy
the screen contents under any kind of graphic application. If you should
want to print the data to the console anyway, you can do this by writing
it back to /dev/xconout2. Note that both read and write calls will
never block.

 The only reason why this appears as a device driver is that a user
level program doesn't need any MiNT specific functions (contrary to the
stuff implemented in W0R8) and it's quite save: In case of a program
crash the file will be closed by MiNT, which will install the original
routine again. So even in cases of severe program crashes there's no
chance of the vector pointing to abandoned memory and thus perhaps
crashing the whole system any more (as it sometimes did in W0R8).

 BUGS: None (?).

 KNOWN FEATURES: Doesn't use XBRA and things like these. I very much doubt
that under a multitasking environment it's very clever to change vectors
from elsewhere that inside the OS itself. So I hope there isn't any
program which will cause greater problems.

 Anyway: USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK! THERE'S NO WARRANTY!

ciao,
TeSche <itschere@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>