Re: Toswin VT100

> > The new vt100 Toswin on the list gives me address error when I try
> > to start a program from it. I got an STfm, so maybe the 68000
> > compilation has some 030 stuff in it (which GCC is used?). The
> > scroll bar in the font dialog size selection is also drawn wrong.

> :-(
>
> I can't test the 68000 stuff (I have a TT) but Xav apparently has it
> running OK on a 68000 machine.
>
> I'm not sure if I built it as an auto-detecting acc/prg, so if you
> are running it as an acc I've a feeling it won't work.
>
> What's wrong with the font dialog? Which object is wrong?

Hmmm.... crossed purposes and all that. I'm using the non-VT100-but-
with-those-dead-handy-iconisation-buttons version on a day to day
basis, launched as an application from GEM.CNF in MultiTOS. I haven't
tried it as an acc, so the problem might be there, or it might be
only the VT100 version.

I tried the VT100 version, with no problems, but owing to the recent
demise of my hard drive, I'm still getting my system back on its
feet, so I couldn't try the VT100 extensions. It worked fine with my
usual stuff though.

Finally, I've not noticed any problems with the font dialogue, but I
_have_ with the iconisation. If you iconise a window which is still
being output to, the text appears in the icon (as it did with the old
style iconising routines), disturbing that nice shell image. Nothing
major, I know, but it would be nice if it could be fixed ;)

Also, is there any chance of the icon for the VT100 version being
changed a little - just saying VT100 beneath the shell would be fine.
The reason? I anticipate using the "normal" version for most things
(less memory, and VT100 is not essential for me), which runs
automatically every time I launch a TOS or TTP. For those few times
when I would use the VT100 version, it would just be nice to know
which icon is which.

Oh yeah, whilst I remember, I did find one bug (but I only spotted it
late last night, so don't expect a great report) with the "normal"
version. When I logged in (wlogin into tsch, in Toswin - via runtos
from an icon on the desktop), despite having my shell window open and
working, the menu items for window gadgets, and the one next to it
(memory failing me) were all greyed out.

Cheers,

Xav

--
Xav