Compiling on Atari ST+MiNT.

> I have a MiNT+MinixFS setup at home, basicly from the MDK, upgraded with
> mostly everything i could find around (text utils, file utils, etc).
> Including the GCC package from the MDK, and the new (-mbaserel) GCC 3.5.2
> for MiNT.

New? This is unbelievable... Where on earth these broken GCC versions
pop up from...

Only GCC versions 2.3.3 and 2.5.8 of pre 2.3.x are fully working.
Some people also claim 2.4.5 version to work.

If you'll install Knarf's German MiNT Distrib Kit, you'll get upto
date programs and a full 'unix' system.

> with a simple list of what i need (and where if it isn't obvious) and
> where i can get them (if not at a.a.u.e) And, if it's available, a good
> book or online refrence/manual/tutorial on writing C specifically for
> Atari-GEM and MiNT.

For GEM, the GEM reference manuals... GEMlib doesn't have any enhance-
ments so that might be a bit of a pain though. I'm not sure whether
Enhanced GEM works with GCC (anybody?). It would be very nice one
to use, but unfortunately has documentation only in german :-(.

For C I recommend some C programming book, the ST-Guide file about
C-lib that comes with SozobonX (ANSI C functions), MiNTLib header
files, a GCC ST-Guide file on ftp.funet.fi:/pub/atari/hypertext/
and some TeX file about older GCC/MiNT functions should also be
available on the sites. If you'll use Emacs or Info, you can get
a lot if info from the normal GNU sites...

	- Eero