Re: Compiling on Atari ST+MiNT.

On Thu, 15 Feb 1996, Tamminen Eero wrote:

> > I have a MiNT+MinixFS setup at home, basicly from the MDK, upgraded with
> > mostly everything i could find around (text utils, file utils, etc).
> > Including the GCC package from the MDK, and the new (-mbaserel) GCC 3.5.2
> > for MiNT.
> New? This is unbelievable... Where on earth these broken GCC versions
> pop up from...
> Only GCC versions 2.3.3 and 2.5.8 of pre 2.3.x are fully working.
> Some people also claim 2.4.5 version to work.

Sorry, my bad, it was version 2.5.8.

> If you'll install Knarf's German MiNT Distrib Kit, you'll get upto
> date programs and a full 'unix' system.

Heh, i looked into that, only problem is -- it's in German. and even
though i live in Holland, right next door, i don't understand much of it.
Only thing i did understand was that you need 4MB of memory - which i do
not have, i have but 2.5 Mb...

> > with a simple list of what i need (and where if it isn't obvious) and
> > where i can get them (if not at a.a.u.e) And, if it's available, a good
> > book or online refrence/manual/tutorial on writing C specifically for
> > Atari-GEM and MiNT.
>
> For GEM, the GEM reference manuals... GEMlib doesn't have any enhance-
> ments so that might be a bit of a pain though. I'm not sure whether
> Enhanced GEM works with GCC (anybody?). It would be very nice one
> to use, but unfortunately has documentation only in german :-(.
> For C I recommend some C programming book, the ST-Guide file about
> C-lib that comes with SozobonX (ANSI C functions), MiNTLib header
> files, a GCC ST-Guide file on ftp.funet.fi:/pub/atari/hypertext/
> and some TeX file about older GCC/MiNT functions should also be
> available on the sites. If you'll use Emacs or Info, you can get
> a lot if info from the normal GNU sites...

What i actually meant was include and lib files, needed to program and
port C stuff... things like Portlib (version .. ?) Mintlib (version .. ?)
etcetera.

Thomas.

--------
unsigned