Couple of questions

Hello all

I have just started C programming at university so it would be quite
useful if I had a compiler at home.

I know I could put a package on my PC that would be fine but at
university we use C on a unix system so I've decided to try and work
under MiNT, simply because I want to work the same here as I do
there).

What files do I need?

I've got a basic set up with MiNT, MiNTNet, Minix, and TCSH. I take it
I need GCC now. Is there a ready compiled version that would run fine
on my Falcon and if so where is it?

Do I need any more files or is that all? I've already got VI which we
also use at university.

My other question is probably quite simple to answer but I don't know
it myself. To run VI correctly I have to boot MiNT and then GEM and
then run TCSH through TOSWIN. If I try and run it as an exec option
from mint.cnf the ascreen doesn't translate the control codes
correctly. Is it just a matter of setting the emulation correcly? If
so, how do you do that?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards.

* Simon Moore - smoore@chowgar.demon.co.uk *