Re: PLIP: Parallel Line IP.

> Check out this link to find out about PLIP, a networking
> protocal that uses the Parallel port.  Would be useful
> to Falcon users for High speed links with MiNT, Linux,
> or some other Unix type OS.  It would help in the transfer
> of data between PC, Amigas and Falcons.
>

> http://www.medunsa.ac.za/linux/nag/38.htm

We already have it, and use it. It is not, however, readily compatible
with PC's, as they have a much lower throughput system using conttrol
signals to make up for the fact that many PC's (and virtually all the
cheap south-east asian clones) have sub-standard and only uni-directional
parallel ports, whereas most Amiga's and all Atari's have bi-directional
parallel ports.

The PLIP driver is one of the standard line IP drivers for MiNTNet.