Re: PLIP: Parallel Line IP.

  Oh, I've just seen (I'm looking at drivers/net/README1.PLIP in the
  Linux v1.2.13 sources) that Linux has an 8-bit PLIP mode, too.  This
  also seems to use many more lines than the ST has access to (INT, ACK,
  AUTOFD, PAPOUT, SLCT, SLCTIN) and it warns not to use it "on
  unidirectional ``printer'' (as opposed to ``parallel'') ports or when
  the machine isn't configured for PLIP, as it will result in output
  driver conflicts and the (unlikely) possibility of damage."

  So, do we change MiNT to work with Linux, or change Linux to work with
  MiNT?

Since most STs parallel ports do not provide the extra lines used by PCs,
it seems obvious that we cannot change MiNT to work with Linux. If they are
going to be made compatible, Linux needs to adapt to MiNT in this area.