Re: Font in mint

>Perhaps we could create the necessary fonts for different countries,
>including cryllic for Russia and Ukraine, Greek, Arab, Japanese, etc.

Don't create them all new; use the freely available fonts from the X
Window System distribution instead.  These are in the well-documented
Bitmap Distribution Format, so it shouldn't be too difficult to convert
them to any other format you need.  X has Cyrillic and Japanese fonts
as well as Latin.  TeX also has fonts for various languages; look on
CTAN for these.  TeX fonts might be more of a pain to convert, but it
would certainly be quicker than reinventing the wheel.

>This alone would aide in making MacMiNT and MiNT a more accepted Unix
>clone.  Perhaps a language library could be created for the particular
>country with a table allowing the menu items of a program written in
>Japanese to be correctly translated on an English, German, Swedish, or
>French, etc.  system.

You might want to look at GNU gettext for more ideas on implementing
this.

--Charles