MiNT FTP server

Hello,

The FTP server for MiNT (at least for KGMD I have installed) does
not handle anonymous sessions correctly. If you log in as anonymous,
you get the root directory (id est "/") as default. It does that
because the following sequence:

chroot(pw->pwd)
chdir("/")

has been replaced with

chdir(pw->pwd)
chdir("/")

as MiNT apparently doesn't support chroot(). Nevertheless, it is a
nonsense. This problem may be solved by compiling a version of the
server without the subsequent chdir() (which forces the current directory
to be "/") and with a function, which would resolve pathnames "/path" to
"/home/ftp/path", or by patching the system/libraries to support chroot().

Has anyone solved it yet? I can't compile the new server due to lack
of RAM (4 meg only).

Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz

mail:draco@mi.com.pl
http://www.orient.uw.edu.pl/~conradus/