Re: AB040 and MiNTOS

On 26 Apr 1997, Douglas Little wrote:

> > Try XaAES or oAESis instead of MultiTOS.

Actually, both XaAES and oAESis will crash a lot more than MultiTOS.
XaAES in particular is extremely buggy, and I have never been able to
get the latest beta to run on my Falcon, not even with the most basic
setup imaginable.

> N.AES is certainly faster, but I don't know how reliable
> it is as a product. It seems to be a bit more reliable than
> real MultiTOS, but I suspect it is mainly just a lot faster.

You're wrong there :-) It's the most stable AES I've ever used,
including singleTOS. Generally there's only one way to crash it, and
that's to run MiNT without MP while programming GEM-applications.

> Of course, it could be MiNT that is crashing and not the AES.

It could be, if N.AES crashes it normally doesn't lock or freeze MiNT,
the vconsoles are perfectly usable. If the whole system freezes, it
indicates that it's something else than the AES that's crashing.

/*
**
**   beer - maria mckee - atari falcon - babylon 5
*/