RE: [Fwd: Re: java virtual machine]

I would also suggest taking a look at Kaffe, (http://www.kaffe.com) which has a 68K JIT
in it already. It doesn't use Sun's sources, but still isn't (in my humble view) a very optimised
system. Porting Sun's sources is a bad thing, as they are far from optimised for low-resource
machines. Just my view of course....

Adding a native methods interface to a dynamic loader is easy - when resolving the methodref
simply search your internal native method/class tables and if it's not found use a registry scheme
to load extra native class library's. Add an extra native method table and voila, dynamic native
methods. In addition, allow an interface so that the native method parameters could be passed
as command line args to an executable as a last resort (allows easy kludge programming without
building a new DLL to handle stuff).

Craig.