compiler.h, types.h

Hello all,

I have a "frozen" version of MiNTlib PL47.  I just need to
finish some house-keeping chores (like updating the changelog),
and I should be in a position to make a pre-release.  This won't
happen for a few days yet, but if you are hot-to-trot about
testing this,  mail me and I will make it available to you.

Now to my question:  I am attempting to compile some gnu
tools (specifically, shell-utils 1.16) with PL47.

I am running into problems which I don't think are specific to
PL47: gcc warns about "useless keywords or type names" and
"empty declaration" in types.h.  This seems to snowball into
redefinition and type mismatch errors which eventually abort the
compilation.  The complaints are about lines 14, 23, 27, and 29
of types.h.

In line 14, size_t is defined as __SIZE_TYPEDEF__, which is
itself defined in compiler.h as __SIZE_TYPE__.   __SIZE_TYPE__
seems to be defined nowhere that I could find, or is it defined
by the preprocessor itself?

23, 27, and 29 are straightforward typedefs and I cannot fathom
what the compiler sees wrong with them.  Ideas?

For the record, I am using gcc 2.5.8.

Yves