Re: Bit operations in PL47 localtim.c

Jerry Geiger <jerry@zedat.fu-berlin.de> writes:

|> Btw:
|> I'm still not sure about the official time zone name of middle european
|> time zone (UTC +1.00)
|> 	MET-1MEST,M3.5.0,M10.5.0
|> or
|> 	CET-1CEST,M3.5.0,M10.5.0

The official name of the time zone here in Germany is Mitteleuropaeische
Zeit (MEZ).  There is no such thing as *the* middle european time zone,
because it spans many countries, even if the EU now standardizes the
daylight saving rules.  For me, the name of the local time zone is
Europe/Berlin, btw (under Linux, of course).  The concept of time zone
abbreviations is flawed, they are too ambiguous.

--
Andreas Schwab                                      "And now for something
schwab@issan.informatik.uni-dortmund.de              completely different"