Re: Bit operations in PL47 localtim.c

On Sat, 21 Jun 1997, Yves Pelletier wrote:

> Jerry's time patch replaces the PL46 localtim.c with V7.53 of
> NetBSD localtime.c.  As far as I could determine,  there were no
> MiNT-specific modifications made (Jerry?)
No need for. :-)

> While researching this problem on the net, I came across V7.61
> of the same localtime.c.  It has much nicer-looking code to do
> the same thing:

> This gets rid of the compiler warning, but since I don't
> understand the function, I can't be sure that it is safe to use
> with -mshort.  Opinions?

Use it. - I myself use the GNUlib sources now, which are BSD sources
again. I don't know the version number now but that shouldn't matter.
Except the timezone files in the GNUlib distribution are up to date
and nearly complete. So you can use the library and run programs on a
MiNT machine all over the world.

Btw:
I'm still not sure about the official time zone name of middle european
time zone (UTC +1.00)
	MET-1MEST,M3.5.0,M10.5.0
or
	CET-1CEST,M3.5.0,M10.5.0