Reflecting upon floppies

> >Sorry for being blunt, but my initial message explicitely
> >stated why Minix would not work in my case. Seem like you
> >did not quite pay attention before e-mailing me...

> I'm sorry that I didn't read your mail more carefully. I didn't realise
> that you did transport files with diskettes and wanted to read VFAT
> diskettes directly into your Atari.

> Floppy disks isn't a particulary good data media (at least I think so)
> and I don't care that much if it supports long filenames or not.

Neil Jones-Rodway (STiK tester and Atari Computing columnist)
was telling me that in UK, ZiP cartriges are slowly replacing
floppies when files portability is required. He added that he
has seen several PC stores that install an internal ZiP drive
as a standard item because of this fact.

However, it still doesn't solve my problem:

   who will undertake the courrageous act of porting Linux's
   VFAT implementation to a VFAT.XFS for MiNT?  ;-I

From: Martin-Eric Racine FUNKYWARE http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk
Atari TT030 4/24/50 NVDI 4.11, MiNT 1.14, GlueSTiK 0.2b4, AES 4.1
    "By the year 2000 we will, I hope, raise our children to
     believe in human potential, not God." -- Gloria Steinem