Re: Reflecting upon floppies

On Tue, 19 Aug 1997, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> Neil Jones-Rodway (STiK tester and Atari Computing columnist)
> was telling me that in UK, ZiP cartriges are slowly replacing
> floppies when files portability is required. He added that he
> has seen several PC stores that install an internal ZiP drive
> as a standard item because of this fact.

Does anybody know if there are IDE-versions of the ZIP-drive
available? I'm afraid SCSI isn't a very good idea on my Falcon :-(

> However, it still doesn't solve my problem:
>
>    who will undertake the courrageous act of porting Linux's
>    VFAT implementation to a VFAT.XFS for MiNT?  ;-I

I would have done it if I was a better programmer :-( However, both
Mario Becroft and Petr Stehlik are known Linux- and MiNT-hackers...

I've just completed Salamander on my old MSX and is now obsessed with
the idea of porting fmsx-amiga to my Falcon. Are there any other old
MSX'ers out there?

/*
**
*/