Re: Minix crash

 >> Precisely why I never will install Minix.  If/when a problem
 >> happens, you're dead meat; you data is lost for good. Not so
 >> under FAT, because there is a plethora of recovery utilities
 >> for standard TOS (ie: DOS) partitions.
 >
 >Hmm pardon me for being rude but I think I have missed something
 >here..
 >
 >Do you have any partition with a fs that have support for long
 >fil names? (You will have to have that to be able to fully use the
 >tool I'm working on otherwise you won't see the long names after all
 >since the tool only copies the files with the long names intact into
 >another partition..)

No, I currently don't run Minix or longnames fs.

For compatibility purposes, I would rather have
VFAT than Minix, PLUS the above problems with a
potential Minix crash make me wonder how safe a
Unix partition is, given fewer recover tools in
case a problem happens.

From: Martin-Eric Racine FUNKYWARE http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk
Atari TT030 4/24/50 NVDI 4.11, MiNT 1.14, GlueSTiK 0.2b4, AES 4.1
    "By the year 2000 we will, I hope, raise our children to
     believe in human potential, not God." -- Gloria Steinem