Re: Networking

At 14:14 26/08/97 +0200, Sven Karlsson wrote:
>> If this doesn't work, then I'll have to get myself a unix box with a
>> ethernet adapter, use slip over a null-modem cable and use that to connect
>> to a win95 network. That is unless anyone has any nice ideas about network
>> adapters for an ST?
>
>The best thing would be to do a driver for MiNTnet so that you could use
>normal SCSI-ethernet adapters (the one that Macs use). I don't have the
>time right now to do that but I am willing to help anyone that wants
>to give it a try!

The only 2 problems I can see with that are that 1) I haven't seen any scsi
ethernet adapters and 2) I've heard that they are expensive.

Didn't Denesh Bahbuta (sorry if that's spelt wrong) translate some German
docs about how to make an isa-compatible slot in an st? The idea was to put
an et4000 graphics card in it. That's a good idea, but another one would be
to put an isa network adapter in it. If someone had some details on the isa
slot and programmed it to be ne2000 compatible then it should work with a
few (at least) network adapters that are available very cheaply.

Now that would be very useful, if anyone could do it. I've got the docs (for
isa and et4000 card) in german, but can't get to them because they're on a
Falcon HD disk and none of the PCs I've tried it on have liked it. If anyone
wants to look at it then get the docs and have a go :)

Mike