Re: Ethernet Adapters

> I'm sorry if this isn't the place to ask but I'm not on many other mailing
> lists...
>
> I've recently come across a Xircom parallel port ethernet adapter and was
> wondering if there are any MiNTNET packet drivers for anything like this? If
> not, how difficult would it be to write one - possibly based on one of the
> other drivers.

Making a driver for a parallell port ethernet adapter would be hard to do
since most Atari's parallell port lack vital control signals (it is only meant
to hook a printer to it). It would however be quite feasible to do a driver
for SCSI ethernet adapters.

I haven't looked into parallell port adapters but I guess that they use
a couple of the nonpresent control signals.

Regards
  Sven