RE: VFAT.XFS

On Tue, 26 Aug 1997, Mike lamb wrote:

> What was this talk of BigDOS not working with MiNT? I have been running
> BigDOS with MiNT for some time and have no problems at all in reading and
> writing Win95 formatted Syquest cartiridges. I don't think that they're

if BigDOS works with MiNT on some systems, it's great news. However on my
system it doesn't even boot (it crashes). Also, the current Falcon
version of BigDOS (0.8) destroys second FAT regularly. BigDOS's author knows
about it, but that's all. BTW I still wonder how you managed to run
BigDOS with MiNT, since BigDOS replaces whole GEMDOS and patches
important calls like Pexec! I still can't believe these two systems (MiNT
and BigDOS) can cooperate together...

Tell us, please, what AUTO programs you use and how they're arranged.

> have heard rumours that fat32 does more than that, but I can't imagine that
> Microsoft have completely rewritten the filesystem structure and lost the
> compatibility with DOS that they've kept for 15-odd years...

FAT32 is simply 32-bit FAT? The structure is the same, but no software
ever counted on 32-bit FAT, so it's actually incompatible :-) (this is my
impression only, I don't know much about VFAT32).

Petr
--
    WWW: http://ft3.zlin.vutbr.cz/stehlik/home.htm
 e-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz