Re: Standard directory

 >>  >I'd just like to point out that Connexion can be configured to look
 >>  >for pppd anywhere, it only looks in /usr/ucb by default. If anybody
 >>  >has any suggestions for (reasonable) alternative locations for pppd,
 >>  >please let me know and I'll add it to the default search-path.
 >>
 >> It's not just PPPD. There are related chatfiles and connect/disconnect
 >> scripts, which Connex does not seem to correctly find, even after I made
 >> the switch from PPPkit's slightly deviant folder structure to the pure
 >> Mintnet structure..... unless Connex looks for files with case-sensitive?
 >
 >Connexion doesn't care about pppd's configuration-files at all, the only
 >file it cares about is pppd itself. If you have problems with this it's
 >pppd that's incorrectly set up.

PPPD works correctly without Connexion, but has to be manually started.

 >Yes, Connexion runs in the MiNT-domain so case-sensitivity is on. That's
 >also valid for pppd, perhaps this is the source of your problems.

It really sould be case-UN-sensitive, if you want people using PPPkit
to adopt it. Case sensitivity is impossible without Minix.

 >You should download the latest Connexion-beta, earlier versions had some
 >problems with MiNT < 1.14.

Went there. Done that. Still doesn't work well.

1) UNLESS I specify "setenv UNIXMODE /brUs" in Mint.cnf, Connexion
   tells me "/etc/ppp/options  file not found" even though it's there.

2) Once I DO specify "setenv UNIXMODE /brUs" in Mint.cnf, Connexion
   finds /etc/ppp/options but still tries to locate .ppprc which is
   a file that cannot exist without Minix.

Given most of the people that are interrested in connexion are PPPkit
users, NOT Mintos/Unix lovers, this limitation is a problem.  Please
give a try to the existing PPPkit 1.4 on FTP sites.

The filestructure of PPPkit is weird (it makes a few compromises to
compensate for non-Minix behavior) but it DOES work as it is. Still,
myself and someone else are working on a newer package that includes
GlueSTiK and a GEM configuration tool for a better PPPkit. Should it
be possible to fix Connexion to use script files as PPPkit does, the
newer kit would be complete.

GlueSTiK users, please note:

 Scott is recovering from a recent motorcycle accident, so further
 improvements to GlueSTiK are on hold. However, upgrade to STiK 1.13
 and STinG 1.06 is upcomming, Scott is working on it.

From: Martin-Eric Racine FUNKYWARE http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk
Atari TT030 4/24/50 NVDI 4.11, MiNT 1.14, GlueSTiK 0.2b4, AES 4.1
    "By the year 2000 we will, I hope, raise our children to
     believe in human potential, not God." -- Gloria Steinem
  <HTML><BLINK><H1>No HTML Messages Please!</H1></BLINK></HTML>