RE: News onthe kernel 1.14.x

On Mon, 1 Sep 1997, Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> > Please tell me about any TOS patch for AB040 which would help handling
> > alternate memory. I haven't heard about any. The patches I know deal with
> > reset routine, GEM in RAM and nice AB logo only.
>
> What are the main problems with alt mem handling in AB?

The two SIMM slots on AB board are hardwired to two memory windows. The
memory driver programs PMMU so it finds the SIMMs and join it
together to one continual block beginning at virtual address $100000.

But this is not a 'TOS patch', it's just an alternate memory driver.

Petr
--
    WWW: http://ft3.zlin.vutbr.cz/stehlik/home.htm          PARCP development
 e-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz