Re: Supexec/Super patch?

> How do you update the shadows? I think a more common way to solve such
> problems is to encapsulate the problematic variables, i.e. to
> introduce accessor functions to get and/or set them. These functions
> can switch to supervisor mode as they like, but switch back to user
> mode before returning to the caller. This also provides some
> abstraction, so that the internal representation or access method can
> be changed without the need to change every program using it.

What do you exactly mean (for Cookie pointer for example?). How programs
could access this variable using a kernel function they don't know about?

For now I think it can be only done by changing the BUSERR handler so that
it could emulate all accesses to these variables from the user mode
(I know it could be slow, but I don't think programs do it often).

Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz

mail:draco@nidus.mi.com.pl
     draco@irc.pl
     draco@piwo.bl.pg.gda.pl
     conradus@avanti.orient.uw.edu.pl
     conradus@plearn.edu.pl
     draco@nuova.id.uw.edu.pl
http://www.orient.uw.edu.pl/~conradus/
 IRC:[Draco]

*** Ea natura multitudinis est,
*** aut servit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur.
*** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono
*** unizenie, albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.
                                           (Liv. XXIV, 25)