Re: Supexec/Super patch?

> > Continuing after BUSERR on a plain 68000 is tricky at best.
>
> Tricky, yes. If one can assume a few things about the accesses, it's still
> doable, though. (I've done it myself in my QL emulator for the ST/Falcon)
>
> Anyway, worrying about this on a plain 68000 doesn't really make much sense
> since there's no way to protect the rest of the system.
> On an '030, safe Super()/SupExec() is doable and might be useful. I doubt it
> would be easy, though.

OK, what about another way: implement a system call allowing to access
(to read) vital GEMDOS variables, like p_cookie or hz_200, from any user
process and prepare a whole MiNT distribution (like KGMD is) supporting
it? I realize it may take a while, but it may be worth doing, otherwise,
if any user is able to do anything with the system resources using TOS
calls, the Unik-like MiNT environment with access permissions etc doesn't
make much sense.

Anyways, does anyone know, where access permissions for folder /proc
are defined in the MiNT source code?

Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz

mail:draco@nidus.mi.com.pl
     draco@irc.pl
     draco@piwo.bl.pg.gda.pl
     conradus@avanti.orient.uw.edu.pl
     conradus@plearn.edu.pl
     draco@nuova.id.uw.edu.pl
http://www.orient.uw.edu.pl/~conradus/
 IRC:[Draco]

*** Ea natura multitudinis est,
*** aut servit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur.
*** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono
*** unizenie, albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.
                                           (Liv. XXIV, 25)