Bus error while initializing VM in MiNT 1.14.x

> > 1) After a cold restart, when the MiNT welcome message appears, two bombs
> > come on the screen. Now, if you do a WARM restart (Ctrl/Alt/Del), the VM
> > will initialize and start. It was completely unpredictable before.
>
> Could you track down where the buserror occurs?

OK, I traced the code down to this error. As I guessed before, it occurs in
MiNT code. As fas as I was able to check it, it is the line 190 of util.c,
inside kmalloc(). It is as follows:

	*p++ = KMAGIC

or in compiled code:

	move.l	#KMAGIC,(a0)+

I have no idea, what the register a0 (pointer p) is supposed to point to, but
after the bus fault it contains $00000004. So it seems it remains
uninitialized that time.

Notice the bus fault occurs only after a cold restart; after a warm reset it
does not occur and VM initializes.

Gtx

Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz

mail:draco@nidus.mi.com.pl
     draco@irc.pl
     draco@piwo.bl.pg.gda.pl
     conradus@avanti.orient.uw.edu.pl
     conradus@plearn.edu.pl
     draco@nuova.id.uw.edu.pl
http://www.orient.uw.edu.pl/~conradus/
 IRC:[Draco]

*** Ea natura multitudinis est,
*** aut servit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur.
*** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono
*** unizenie, albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.
                                           (Liv. XXIV, 25)