Importance of "W" for Mac68/TOS

I agree that GEM has quite a library of software available for it when it
comes to the Atari.  The benefit of W is that it is a Unix oriented windowing
system for MiNT.  That alone make quite a statement.  This means that off the
bat it supports long file names, and all of the Unix variety of software out
there.  It is the difference from MacOS and NeXTSTep.  W could be the system
for students, educators, and scientist that wish for a free system on their
Atari or Mac 68k systems that deal with Unix.  On a Falcon, we are talking
about a system similar to the NeXT that would support the DSP for audio
engineering.  For student; a cut down version of X to understand Unix.  For
Atarians, another environment for full support of long file names that is
completely MiNT aware for command line and GUI control (more like AmigaDOS).
Not a bad thing.  A system like NeXT with out the memory requirements.  It
would be very nice once full color support is added.

Peter