MiNT-Lib vs. MagiC

Hi!

I've recompile gcc with MiNT lib PL47 and find out that the call vfork()
(gcc use it to start other programs like cpp or ld) doesn't work correct
on MagiC 5.x.
Take a look into the sources of the lib and I find in thread.c the
following:

        if (__mint)
                pid = Pexec(104, 0L, b, 0L);
        else {

Because MagiC 5.x also support Pexec(104) I've change these lines into

        pid = Pexec(104, 0L, b, 0L);
        if (pid == -EINVAL)
        {

and now gcc works fine with MagiC 5.x!

What's about all the other 'if (__mint)' in the lib? In many cases it
checks for very, very old mint versions (__mint < 7 or __mint < 9).
Would it be possible to remove these backward compatibility and make the
lib much more MiNT-independent?

 Chris.

 Christian Felsch   email: felsch@tu-harburg.d400.de    (Big mails, uue)
 Bevenser Weg 18           christian_felsch@hh.maus.de  (Mails < 16K)