Re: Mintnet-CAB.OVL updates?

>From: Jo Even Skarstein <joska@nuts.edu>
>
>On Wed, 5 Nov 1997, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
>
>> I was just trying to access the Cyberstrider.org site and it kept
>> on timing out. Apparently, this is caused by CAB and the OVL *not*
>> having been upgraded to comply with HTTP 1.1 specifications.
>>
>> However, someone on #atari was saying CAB itself would have to be
>> upgraded to support HTTP 1.1 improvements. Is that true?
>>
>> I would appreciate if 1.81 could be upgraded to support
>> this new HTTP version soon.
>
>I made 1.81 to identify itself as a 1.1 client, and the
>cyberstrider-site seemed to work fine. The problem is that I have gcc
>2.7.2 and MiNTlibs pl46, and it looks like 1.81 doesn't like
>this, it crashes all the time.

>It's mentioned in the docs that some of the code is highly dependent
>on the MiNTlib-version, pl44 IIRC. This should be fixed, even if it
>means sacrificing some speed or memory.

Sacrifice speed or memory? Never!

I'll have a look at the PL46 libraries.

Hm... You guys really should be using 1.82 already. I may have to delete
my security additions and just send it out. sigh.

>I've also noted that the caching doesn't work properly on MinixFS, but
>this could just as well be CAB's fault.

What problems do you have here? My cache is on a minixfs partition. I
haven't noticed anything odd, aside from the datestamp problem. (The TOS
calls to set the datestamp round off to 2-second resolution. This can defeat
the Get-If-Modified call in CAB 2.5, because the datestamp we send to the
web server won't match the last one it gave us...)
  -- Howard