Re: Mintnet-CAB.OVL updates?

>Hi Howard,
>
>I was just trying to access the Cyberstrider.org site and it kept
>on timing out. Apparently, this is caused by CAB and the OVL *not*
>having been upgraded to comply with HTTP 1.1 specifications.
>
>However, someone on #atari was saying CAB itself would have to be
>upgraded to support HTTP 1.1 improvements. Is that true?
>
>I would appreciate if 1.81 could be upgraded to support
>this new HTTP version soon.

Well, in actual fact the overlay *does* have much of the 1.1 spec already
implemented. But, I still use the 1.0 banner because the work is not fully
completed.

As far as upgrading CAB - well, there are some things that would be easier
if CAB and the overlay shared more information with each other, but I don't
recall seeing anything in the 1.1 spec that was completely impossible.

By the way, I just now tried connecting to cyberstrider.org and it seems to
be working fine. But I also noticed that my overlay version is 1.82. It
still uses the HTTP/1.0 banner. There must have been some other problem
than the simple banner version.
  -- Howard
  chu@platinum.com