Re: Mintnet-CAB.OVL updates?

On Wed, 5 Nov 1997, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> I was just trying to access the Cyberstrider.org site and it kept
> on timing out. Apparently, this is caused by CAB and the OVL *not*
> having been upgraded to comply with HTTP 1.1 specifications.
>
> However, someone on #atari was saying CAB itself would have to be
> upgraded to support HTTP 1.1 improvements. Is that true?
>
> I would appreciate if 1.81 could be upgraded to support
> this new HTTP version soon.

I made 1.81 to identify itself as a 1.1 client, and the
cyberstrider-site seemed to work fine. The problem is that I have gcc
2.7.2 and MiNTlibs pl46, and it looks like 1.81 doesn't like
this, it crashes all the time.

It's mentioned in the docs that some of the code is highly dependent
on the MiNTlib-version, pl44 IIRC. This should be fixed, even if it
means sacrificing some speed or memory.

I've also noted that the caching doesn't work properly on MinixFS, but
this could just as well be CAB's fault.

/*
**
*/