Re: PPPkit 2.0 (was: Importance of "W" f

> The obvious solution is to page the memory. There are also other ways,
> you could use the PMMU and "glue" the fragments together after each
> Mfree() or similar but that's really, *really* ugly ;-)

The fortnate case is that I was just thinking about something like this.
I.e. to split ALL the memory to 4 k pages then remap all these free pages
to largest free blocks using PMMU (exactly as you just said). I even did
some paperdesign :) but it seems to be not so easy as its said. However,
perhaps swapping such organized memory would be much easier...

> A big problem though is that the PMMU-code in MiNT only works with
> 030s. With an increasing amount of 040- and 060-users this should be
> fixed. If you (Konrad) could document the PMMU-code in MiNT perhaps
> somebody (like Petr Stehlik or Doug Little :-) with a bit of
> 040-knowledge could adapt it.

This problem (as well as the VM on 030 computers) will be hopefully
ultimately solved soon.

Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail:draco@mi.com.pl
http://www.orient.uw.edu.pl/~conradus

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** aut servit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur (Liv. XXIV, 25)
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.