Re: time functions in pl47

> > I wrote that Jerry's patches to the *kernel* - intended to get time-of-day
> > functions to work - bombed out at bootup because the code tried to access
> > some hardware which is apparently not present on Falcons (something called
> > 'Mega clock' in the comments).
>
> For some reason the clock in the Mega ST is different from the one in
> MSTe's, TT's and Falcons. He has probably only written code for the
> Mega, which doesn't make much sense these days ;-)
>
> I have the docs on the MSTe/TT/Falcon-clock here if anybody wants to
> write the appropriate code.

Yes, please. :) I'll try to fix this code and apply it finally to the
kernel. It is not much pain to check the machine type in the Cookie Jar (I
think), then access the clock directly. For now this didn't make much
sense, because the only code that was in the Jerry's patch, was written
for the "Mega clock" (bombs) and the IKBD (lockup). BTW. has anyone any
experience in comunicating with IKBD? The Jerry's IKBD handler (getting
timeofday from there), among my bugfixes, looks quite OK considering the
documentation. But it does not work, i.e. there's no response from the
IKBD after an approproate opcode ($1C if I remember) had been sent.

Since I don't feel good as a C programmer, I wrote the same in assembler
to be sure the code is the same as it was intended to be. With the same
result, so either my docs are wrong or I don't understand them.

Advices?

Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail: draco@mi.com.pl
http://www.orient.uw.edu.pl/~conradus/
http://www.obta.uw.edu.pl/~draco/

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.