Re: Supervisor mode & multitasking

On Thu, 19 Feb 1998, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> Aha, I forgot. I added some sort of singlemode to the kernel. As I know
> Gryf requested that for Thing, here goes the proper call:
>
> 	r = Ssystem(MTASK_OFF, NULL, NULL);

Will this be accessable by user code? I'd think the ultimate achievement
of MiNT would be to provide a secure multitasking environment where
(as in many multitasking environments) a user process cannot force
scheduling to stop. If this is a user callable system function this goal
can no longer be easily achieved.

Whether we all think this goal is a good thing or not is another matter..

         |    /     Kristoffer Lawson      |    www.fishpool.com
         +-> |    setok@fishpool.com       |  - - --+
             |-- Fishpool Creations Ltd - /         |