Re: Supervisor mode & multitasking

> > Aha, I forgot. I added some sort of singlemode to the kernel. As I know
> > Gryf requested that for Thing, here goes the proper call:
> >
> > 	r = Ssystem(MTASK_OFF, NULL, NULL);
>
> Will this be accessable by user code?

Of course, it is not. Ssystem(MTASK_xxxx, xxxx, xxxx) is restricted to
root, as calling this function may affect all users currently logged on
the system. All (I meant: ALL) XBIOS functions need such restriction in
the same way: for now MiNT allows any user (even telnetted from the other
end of the world) to switch console's resolutuion and such funny things,
those I consider rather bad ;)

However, XBIOS restriction is delayed becayse MiNTLibs doesn't define any
Falcon XBIOS call. I'll be sitting on this next days, Yves, exspect a
large patch of osbind.h file :)

Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail:draco@bl.pg.gda.pl
http://www.orient.uw.edu.pl/~conradus/

** Quem Iuppiter vult perdere, dementat prius.
** Kogo Jowisz chce zgubic, temu wpierw rozum odbiera.