Re: STinG and Mint => Privilege Violation (FWD)

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Anthony Jacques wrote:

> Hmm... how about someone fixes these "insufficiencies"?

I don't know, are they worth fixing? I mean, are they really a
problem? I can't think of anything that doesn't work because of this.

> > For testing my WEB server sHTTPd with long filename, I have try to run STinG
> > with Mint, but all servers, clients and CPX run a privilege violation error!
> > I have try to set STING.PRG in global memory but nothing is better :(
>
> Why don't you read the FAQ ? It's all explained there. Due to insufficiencies
> in MiNT, every AUTO program that bends system vectors needs to run *after*
> MiNT in the AUTO folder ! This holds for STinG too.

Hmm... I wouldn't expect my OS to preserve old vectors, you'll never
know where they points (it could be completely random for all we
know). Yes, I know MiNT isn't a complete OS, but anyway... There are
more important things to fix in MiNT, like the memory-management.

/*
**
*/