Re: STiNG, CAB, and Multitasking (strikes back)

On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

>BTW. why can't programmers put in checks in their TSR's when possible?
>The only program I've seen recently that does this is MetaDOS, which
>says "MetaDOS must run before MiNT!" if it detects MiNT. In many cases
>it's so easy to put in these checks (not only for MiNT, but for mosts
>features it needs or doesn't work with) and notify the user instead of
>just continue.

This I don't agree.
You never know how new version are gonna react. So, a check won't be
accurate just by looking at the name or cookie, well It could be good
IF you look into version numbers, that would work.

You never know what's gonna come out.
Be as wide as possible.

Email:Kellis@primenet.com
Web http://www.primenet.com/~kellis/