Re: STiNG, CAB, and Multitasking (strikes back)

>From a user's point of view, I must admit that this business
about what must be loaded before or after MiNT is, IMHO, one of
the last major irritants left with MiNT.  Peter is right on at
least this point: it makes MiNT look kludgy, and more difficult
to approach.

Whether it is the applications that are to blame, may be
somewhat irrelevant, since from the user's perspective, it
_looks_ like a bug in MiNT: "Well, GIZMO.PRG only ever crashes
if I run it (after || before) MiNT, so clearly it is MiNT's
fault!".  Also, the lack of a proper loading hierarchy doesn't
strike me as terribly elegant from a programmer's viewpoint,
either.  Whether something can be done, is not for me to
discuss.

In my ideal world, (the one where poverty and disease are
eradicated :-), MiNT would be the very first thing in the auto
folder, as befits a loadable operating system module.  Then,
TSRs and other programs would load behind it.

FWIW.

Yves
__
When the trees are seen to be moving, the enemy is advancing.
                                              Sun Tzu 9:20