Re: Smail

(Sorry you got this mail twice, Jo, I replied to the wrong addy) :)

On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

> Run 'runq' to deliver the mail, or set delivery-mode to 'background' to do
> it automatically. I prefer to use 'queued' and run 'runq' when needed, as
> I often send mail without being on-line.

You can still set delevery-mode to background, since smail will queue mail
anyway when it fails to find the smtp server. Actually, on my setup, the
delivery-mode only affects incoming mail for some strange reason. But I'm
happy the way it is. I type all my mails offline, and I can live with the
"deferred...: ip for post.demon.nl not found" errors in my smail.log. :)

Maurits.

---

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

          Maurits van de Kamp (maurits@bassment.demon.nl)

    _____    B A S S M E N T   P R O D U C T I O N S     _____
  /     /\\     >> http://www.bassment.demon.nl <<     /     /\\
|      \/   |   / Black Currant                  \   |      \/   |
|   /\      |  |             bc@bassment.demon.nl |  |   /\      |
 \ /=/     /   |  Purple Trance                   |   \ /=/     /
  \\/____ /     \            pt@bassment.demon.nl/     \\/____ /