Re: Newbie Mint Questions

On Fri, 8 May 1998 22:02:16 -0500, Brian J. Roland wrote:

BJR>    Bypassing Init all-together, and executing Geneva in the mint.cnf
BJR>file leads to a stable running AES, but with no hope of VT100 emulation
BJR>(that I know of) as no version of TW100 I've tried so far will work

have you tried TosWin II 2.1?

BJR>2.  Again, about vconsoles...is there a way to invert them to white on
BJR>black?  My monitor would run much more quiet and suffer less burn-in that
BJR>way :)

just run 'reset' program (probably standard part of KGMD)

BJR>3.  What I'd like most of all...is a vconsole that supports at least 16
BJR>colors and full VT102 emulation.  Does such a thing exist?

why? vconsoles should be fast, and color graphics tends to be slow on
Falcon. And why do you need VT102? Isn't stv52 enough for you?

BJR>(like getty for a remote user, or a MUD client for me:)  Color VT102 is
BJR>important to me because I assist in manageing several linux shell
BJR>accounts that simply do not intend on supporting vt52.  In one case,

use 'screen' if you really need VT10x for telnetting

BJR>to support it (pine is a good example...vt52 not supported).  Also, in

but pine does support stv52

BJR>In essence...a nice color vt102 term would be a god-send if anyone

TosWin II has tw100, which is more or less vt10x compatible, IMHO.

Petr
--
E-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz                        PARCP developer
   WWW: http://cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz/~stehlik/              MiNTOS/Linux user