Re: memory leaks(response to Howard)

Howard
I retested memory leaks with kernel 1.2.4.
I am booting mintos 1.4.1 . Have 1 external terminal. login as root
on main console, user on attached terminal. I then run a menu program
on attached terminal, load and unload application on that terminal
several times.

With 1.2.4, memory management is properly handled. Each time I load and
unload a program, I run ps and free from the console. free memory blocks
stays the same at 12 and total free memory always returns the same
amount each time the application is unloaded. Not so with version
1.4.7, unless I have Vcons1d running . I still lose 448 bytes running
exactly the same configuration. When Vcons1d is also run with 1.4.7,
memory management is correct with 1.4.7. It returns all memory to the
system.

It may not be a problem, but it has always bothered me why this lost
memory allocation is happening.

Brent