Re: VFAT kernel considerations

Thomas Binder wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Tue, May 26, 1998 at 03:50:03PM +0200, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:
> > Emulators should use own XFS to access hosts filesystem. That is not a
> > reason to keep the TOS FS, if it turns over to be not necessary on real
> > Ataris anymore.

Is that emulators for Ataris or Atari emulation on other platforms?  If an
emulation is running on the Atari under MiNT, shouldn't it utilize which ever
xfs' are available?  This way, a Mac emulator should be able to access the
VFAT partitions as well as anything else available be it Minix,TOS, or
whatever. Is this the way it should be?  I think it's best to leave the drive
access to the MiNT drivers.  If the emulator is installing itself and it
requires a particular driver that is not on the system, then it should supply
it during the installation.

Peter