Re: KGMD 2.0

johnnie ligotage wrote:

> I am assuming that EVERYONE will want networking capability, be it for
> internet access or another computer via a serial port. Not to
> unreasonable I think...
as in direct connected ttys ?

>         1) FHS documentation states that the various filesystem
>         (partition) components be kept to a reasonable size. Ideally,
Would that not mean to keep root directory numbers to a minimum. ?

>         this means, as part of this new distribution, the opening
>         (instruction) documentation should instruct the user to create
>         various partitions on a hard disk.

Can the partition configuration be part of this installation.
eg: i use the following
internal TT drive
c:d:e:f: tosfs
g: 64M minixfs
external attached drive used to backup internal drive
h:i:j:k: tosfs
l: 64M minixfs
if it is expected that a certain number of partitions are required
for the instalation, will the choices of how a system is configured
not be limited. Could we not assume that all directorys are set up
in an orderly fashion on one partition, maintaining the basic fhs
formate, and allow the user to reconfigure if they so desire.

just an idea.
--
Brent
Thirsk Engine /Ponoka/Alberta/Canada