Re: VFAT kernel considerations

> > Yes, but I mean TOS crash if you read a directory with VFAT entrys.
> > I don't know it exactly.
>
> Hm - I haven't experienced that yet (on VFAT-written floppy disks). The only
> annoying thing is that TOS will see Entries like 'Av' and the desktop tries
> to copy this files, so you get an alert box for each.

The TOS 4.04 here, when copying files from a W95 floppies (even if they
have short filenames), sometimes doesn't copy a file correctly or at all.
I've observed two kinds of behaviour:

1) single file that takes almost whole 1.44 MB diskette:
	coping that from desktop is pretty quick (just 3-4 seconds), the
desktop finishes with no errors, the destination has proper length and
the same name as the source. But the contents of the file is of course
not the same (junk).

2) several files on a single diskette:
	some of them are copied correctly, some have 0 length at the
destination disk. No error messages either.

But no crashes. I didn't try on 3.06.

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@mi.com.pl                  | Atari Falcon030/TT030/65XE |

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.