Re: kernal 1.15 beta3 questions

On Thu, 21 May 1998, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> IMHO MiNT tcsh filename completion is not perfect: it works if the
> filename doesn't exceed certain length (I don't know what is the border,
> but I guess something about 32 chars) regardless of the filesystem. I
> didn't research that more deeply, because I didn't care so much (I am
> using tcsh all the time on any Unix system I have access to, to be exact).

This is something that has been bugging me, especially as wildcards
doesn't work in dirs containing such filenames. And it's not just tcsh,
bash (I'm referring to the ones in KGMD) is the same. And you are right
about the limit, 31 is ok, 32 isn't. I don't know where the problem is,
perhaps it's in the libs they were linked with? Does fresh bash compiled
with recent libs handle the same way?

/TAM -> tam@dataphone.se -> http://www.dataphone.se/~tam/ | 2:204/228.15