Re: GEM Text Editors and MiNT

On Tue, 26 May 1998, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> Qed, because it actually recognizes if the filesystem is case-sensitive
> and stores the file with Unix line termination on Minix, while keeping
> DOS termination on TOS partitions.

It doesn't work exactly like this. It preserves the line-termination
in the text, regardless of where you save it. It handles DOS-, unix-
and Mac-format very nicely though, and it's extremely easy to convert
"on the fly" (just press ctrl+I and select).

> HOWEVER, the only qed version that works well is 3.97; none of the 4.xx
> ever worked for me; they always encounter bus errors when least expected.

Strange... I'm using 4.10 on both my TT and Falcon running N.AES, and
have never had problems with it.

/*
**
*/