Re: KGMD 2.0

Hi!

On Mon, 25 May 1998, johnnie ligotage wrote:
> 	8) (Probably more important than I've numbered it) Multilingual
> 	support. I believe the man pages/documentation could be done as
> 	deutsch.tgz, english.tgz, francais.tgz, italiano.tgz, etc...
Yes, that would be a good feature

> 	Q d. Can we provide support for more than one installed language
> 	support? It's easy to install the various languages, separately,
> 	but can we easily tell 'man', etc, which to display?
e.g. by the setenv MANLANGUAGE = English and optionally by sqwich e.g. man
-g tcsh (in german). Just ideas.

Another thing I think would be useful to do is to make man use ST-Guide if
desired (or available).
The idea is like this...

if you run:
man xxx

1) it currently searches in man/cat%d dirs for the page. If it find such a
page it does:
less man/cat%d/xxx

2) it find it it goes to man/man%d and do something like follwing:
gzip -d xxx | ... | mv xxx /man/cat%d | less man/cat%d

I guess it could do something like:

1) st-guide.tos man/hyp%d/xxx
or if preset something like: setenv MANSOURCE = ST-GUIDE
   st-guide.tos man/mans.hyp xxx

2) gzip -d xxx | mantostg xxx /tmp/xxx.stg | hcp -o man/hyp%d/xxx
/tmp/xxx.stg | st-guide.tos man/hyp%d/xxx

3) Similar thing is posible to do with texinfo pages (more hypertext
oriented)

Of course it can be all configurable to stay in *rather good* old
man/cat%d or to goes this way.
Is here someone who likes this idea.

I know that st-guide.tos is not available recently, but I have already
asked author to do it. (see my last Re: new distribution... mail)

stay tuned

Stan

     Stanislav Opichal * JAY Software * Summer Workshop 1996,97
 e-mail: Opichals@risc.upol.cz  www: http://www.inf.upol.cz/~opichals
       address: Za vodojemem 8, Olomouc, 77900, Czech republic
 ************* JAY Software - JAYSoft@cyberstrider.org **************
   www.inf.upol.cz/~krupkaj/jay   or   www.jaysoft.cyberstrider.org